Blog Entry

LeBeau says he'll only coach in Pittsburgh

Posted on: January 26, 2011 7:08 pm
 
Posted by Andy Benoit

A surprising Super Bowl storyline developing is the future of Steelers coordinator Dick LeBeau. His contract expires after the season and some believe he could leave Pittsburgh. D. LeBeau (US Presswire)

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen said on Wednesday that it is a 49.5 percent chance LeBeau returns and a 50.5 percent chance that he goes to Arizona. Ken Whisenhunt has been delaying his decision on the Cardinals’ new defensive coordinator (Billy Davis was fired earlier this month) because, presumably, he wants someone from the Steelers staff (Whisenhunt, of course, used to be a part of that staff).

If that’s still the plan, Whisenhunt will have to make a run at linebackers coach Keith Butler or secondary coach Ray Horton (two names that have been lobbed out there). According to Pro Football Talk, LeBeau told NFL Network on Wednesday that if he’s coaching in the NFL, he’ll be wearing black and gold. “With this defense, with this group of men, they’ll have to run me out of here,” LeBeau said.

LeBeau also said in an Alex Marvez FOX Sports article, "We're pretty busy still. That's a good thing. We're looking forward to getting things done this year and seeing if we can get a little better on defense next year."

Obviously, it behooves LeBeau to quell any distractions this week. But these are plainspoken words – hard to imagine he’s being anything less than honest.

For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed.
Category: NFL
Comments

Since: Dec 2, 2011
Posted on: January 10, 2012 1:00 pm
 

LeBeau says he'll only coach in Pittsburgh

I often with the help of trying to register for your favorite rss , on the other hand enjoyed an obstacle one of them the software to make sure you search engines like google most appropriate a scension


dsfjwerw
Since: Dec 2, 2011
Posted on: January 5, 2012 2:26 pm
This comment has been removed.

Post Deleted by Administrator



jhfgdters
Since: Dec 2, 2011
Posted on: December 9, 2011 7:53 am
This comment has been removed.

Post Deleted by Administrator



jhfgdters
Since: Dec 2, 2011
Posted on: December 8, 2011 10:55 pm
This comment has been removed.

Post Deleted by Administrator




Since: Sep 13, 2006
Posted on: January 27, 2011 2:38 pm
 

LeBeau says he'll only coach in Pittsburgh

From a Vikings fan who lenjoys watching LeBeau and the Steelers.  I hope he stays in Pittsburgh. 



Since: Sep 18, 2007
Posted on: January 27, 2011 1:34 pm
 

LeBeau says he'll only coach in Pittsburgh

haha its funny that someone whos a san francisco fan says pittsburgh sucks and is boring. id rather be bored than living in a city full of elton johns.
have fun at your "rainbow" parade



Since: Sep 13, 2006
Posted on: January 27, 2011 1:26 pm
 

LeBeau says he'll only coach in Pittsburgh

Wow, are you a puke.I  sure hope your hope for the Big D happens to you the9ERShave5!!!



Since: Feb 2, 2009
Posted on: January 27, 2011 12:17 pm
 

LeBeau says he'll only coach in Pittsburgh

Bring your sissy, latte drinking ass here and say it.  We don't spend our time bending other dudes over here, so it may not be the place for you. 



Since: Dec 29, 2008
Posted on: January 27, 2011 11:26 am
 

LeBeau says he'll only coach in Pittsburgh

This guy is in fantastic shape, I am 27, 6' 1 and im in good shape.  He would most certainly clean my clock in a fight, he has the body of a 35 year old man.  Ive been told i have an extremely firm handshake and he hurt my hand when we shook.  Theres no question to those in the know that he is the best ever at what he does.  In an era with fast paced offenses he has a top 3 defense year in and year out.  You can count on second half adjustments and hes a big reason the Steelers are the most succesful franchise in the NFL.



Since: Nov 3, 2006
Posted on: January 27, 2011 11:13 am
 

LeBeau says he'll only coach in Pittsburgh

I do not think that LeBeau will leave.  He may retire as he is in his 70's.  But he doesn't look like it.  He tried head coaching with the Bengals and did not have success.  But who does.  I do not think that a team would hire a head coach in his 70's.  I hope the Steelers are able to keep him as he does a great job and seems to be a good person.



The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author and do not reflect the views of CBS Sports or CBSSports.com